Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Trifecta of No Second Date

I'm pretty easy going about second dates...as long as you're not a total douche on the first date, and you ask for a second, I'm going to say yes. First dates can be awkward, you're still censoring yourself a bit, so a second date is usually a good choice.

However, there is a trifecta of awful. A way of guaranteeing no second date.

Worst thing you can wear on a date: Well, it's not so much what you wear, it's your complete lack of caring. What, did you forget to change out of your jersey after grabbing wings and beer with your bros? And no, cologne is not a substitute for showering...now you smell like old man with a pungent undertone of grease. And if I can see fuzz growing on your teeth, holy shitballs, please back away.

Worst thing you can do: Be late. Or if you're going to be late, send me a text and let me know, cause my 100 lb self does not enjoy standing outside waiting for you, wondering if you're going to show. As much as I love standing outside a restaurant, or in the lobby looking like 'that chick', I'd rather avoid it. There's only so much time you can look busy on your phone before people start catching on.

Worst thing you can say: This is a toughie. If all you can do is talk about yourself, and how awesome you are, I might start stabbing kittens. It's really cool that you go to the gym, I'm glad you're fit. Oh, and you donate to the local orphanage, that's cool, but I'm not sure why you're telling me this after I just told you about my favorite movies. You'll be making 3 figures once you graduate, that's nice, but I can pay my own bills without your help. I'm not looking to be rescued, you don't need to lay out your resume in front of me, and your abs are just making me jealous. :poke: I need to go to hot yoga more often.

Are any of these on their own going to put you in 'second date no man's land'...not necessarily. Maybe you're nervous so you're a Chatty Cathy about yourself. Maybe you were rushed after work, so you show up wearing whatever you've had on all day. And I get it, sometimes traffic sucks and you get stuck behind a train. But all 3? Yeah...no.

No comments:

Post a Comment