And my laptop is broken. So I'm sitting at the public library playing on OkCupid and Plenty of Fish. I can feel people silently judging me, and the lady next to me keeps peering over at my computer. I wonder if she thinks the guy I'm chatting with is hot too...probably...
So, uh, what's with the stigma anyway?
Is it really so pathetic that I meet people online and then go on dates with them? I mean, I'm not really seeing too much of a downside here, you know, outside of the occasional dicpic and creepy guy that calls me a 'kike' when I don't respond to chat messages.
Maybe my friend was right. Maybe it's the whole "last resort" idea when it comes to online dating, that you're only finding people online because you're a total social failure in person, or you've exhausted all other avenues.
Well let me tell you, I may be a total social failure, but I haven't exhausted all my other avenues. I haven't gone on one single blind date! And dammit, my social failure'ness is quirky and cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment