Monday, December 12, 2011

Your Desperation is Showing

Plenty of Fish. Sure. If you’re into guppies.

I’m not going to knock free dating sites. That wouldn’t be fair of me, because I’ve met some genuinely nice people on them, but goodness do you have to wade through a lot of bullshit.

Here’s a new one for me. I got sent a dicpic. Straight up. (excuse the pun) It’s really no fun to click on to a message, and then hello! Are you happy to see me? That was not the right way to wake up. I promptly deleted and then blocked the user, because there’s only so many salutes you can see in one day before you decide that dating simply isn’t for you.

The other charmer today? The guy that decided I was prissy because I refused a chat invitation from him. Quite possibly my least favorite thing about Plenty of Fish, the chat function. You think I’m cool? Awesome, send me a message. When the guy complained to me, in a message (so obviously he’s capable), I let him know that since I work from home I’m typically online, but aren’t always able to chat. That messaging is much easier for me because it allows me to take my time with the message and do so when I’m not bogged down with photos.

I’m prissy now, because I’ll talk on my own time. Well...yeah...

Deleted.

On a positive note, I’ve now been told I look like Zooey Deschanel 9 to the nth degree times. I mean, I don’t look like her whatsoever, outside of my oversized blue eyes, but hey...I’m not one to turn down a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment