My wrist is killing me. My ass too.
Wait. Does that sound as awful as I think it does?
Two dates, same guy, he seems spiffy. But my body hates me right now. 2 games of bowling, numerous games of darts, laser tag, rollerskating, and a major wipe out on the rink. My tailbone is still holding a grudge against me, and my wrist is begging for mercy. There's only so many 12 lb balls you can throw, and so many laps around a rink before your body gives up.
You know, I've gotta admit, it's been nice. Dinners are cool and all, and it's nice to chat over a beer at a chill brewery, but I haven't actually had legitimate fun on a date in a really long time. Zombie Pride was great, what a goofy way to meet someone, covered in blood...but outside of that, everything seems so adult. I'm not my mother, I don't want to go on the same type of dates she does.
So rollerskating? I was down. Seems kinda pointless, going around in circles for a while (Exhibit A: Nascar), but it was nice to be goofy, and laugh, and be surrounded by kids half my size and age. That never would have happened in my past relationship...ever. It would have been juvenile, and "that's not what adults do".
I don't want to grow up then.
No comments:
Post a Comment