Thursday, September 27, 2012

You're happy with your girlfriend?

Is that why you sent me a text at 4 a.m. offering me twenty dollars to 'favor you'?

Come on now.  I'm not the classiest person, but I'm not about to play the hooker game...I've still got ramen in the cupboard and chilled beers in the fridge.

And you can keep saying that we're done, that you're not interested, that you're happy with your bitch girlfriend who refuses to acknowledge I ever existed, and that you're genuinely 'in love' (whatever the fuck that means)... but when you send me a drunken text telling me how much you miss me and appreciate me and want me to come over, well I'm sorry, what am I supposed to think?  Aren't I allowed a little bit of doubt?

It's funny that you haven't contacted me since then.  What?  Did you wake up the next day, read through your texts, and realize that you majorly fucked up?  That your drunken ramblings were non sensical and cast a bit of a shadow on your 'happiness'?  Because it did.  And it made me wonder why you decided to text me after visiting the strip club and having a few too many beers.  And it made me wonder how your girlfriend would feel if she saw what you had to say.

You keep telling me that we're done, that we've been done, and I believe that...because for me, we are.  We have been.  We aren't going back.  You were a fling, a filler, a release from the world when I needed it.  And I've maintained this friendship because...you know, I don't know. 

Maybe it's time for that to be done as well.  If you want to text me asking about work, I'm good with that.  Talk about mutual friends, that's cool too.  Want to get a beer some night and laugh about anything, I don't find that disagreeable.  But if you're going to complicate all this with a late night text rambling on about how amazing I am, how I 'taught you love' (where do you come up with this shit?), that without me you wouldn't be dating your bitch girlfriend...then I'm sorry, no after work beers and no friendly conversation.  You're obviously not capable.

I've always read a bit more into your texts, not that I've needed to, you've always been pretty blatant.  I've seen you put me down in little black and white print for the last year.  And I've seen you praise me when you're drunk.  You're either bipolar, a PMSing girl, or you feel the need to keep telling yourself that you made the right decision because you're not sure.  And I love how you deny that I'm real whenever your girlfriend is around.  How you refuse to talk to me when she's standing next to you.  And how she glares at me whenever she gets the chance.

Is she simply jealous because she can't rock a pair of heels like I do?  Or is it because she knows the truth like I do.  I'm guessing the second.

So before you go telling me again about how much you love your girlfriend, she's the one that needs the affirmation, and I don't need your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment